Firm: Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
Location: Indianapolis - IN
2700 Market Tower 10 West Market Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Tel : (317) 686-5240
- Fax : (317) 236-9907
- Email : BHasler@bgdlegal.com
Brad is a partner in the firm’s Tax and Employee Benefits department. He represents clients across Indiana in matters related to real and personal property taxation, including assessment appeals, requests for tax exemption, defending audits, and defending tax sale proceedings. Brad is part of the firm’s tax litigation team which has one of the largest collections of state and local tax litigation partners in the region.
Representing a variety of industries in litigation in state and federal court, Brad has litigated disputes involving business and contract issues, real estate transactions and land use, defamation, and judgment collection. His administrative litigation experience allows him to assist clients across multiple industries. He has appeared before the Indiana Board of Tax Review, Indiana Natural Resources Commission, and the Surface Transportation Board on behalf of his clients.
Brad earned his J.D. from California Western School of Law. He earned his undergraduate degree from DePauw University in economics. Brad received admission to the Indiana Bar in 2000 and the California Bar in 2002.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Extensive experience in representing individuals, businesses and utility companies in real and personal property tax appeals before local governments statewide, the Indiana Board of Tax Review, the Indiana Tax Court and the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Represented national alcoholic beverage company in contract dispute in federal court and in preliminary injunction lawsuit in state court.
- Represented major car manufacturer in defending claim of malicious prosecution in federal court.
- Represented a top national accounting firm in defending claim of professional negligence in arbitration and in state court.
- Assist clients in strategies for reducing personal property tax liability in Indiana and several other states.
- Litigation of issues involving title to real estate.
- Litigation of issues concerning use and enjoyment of waterfront property in state court and in administrative agencies.
- Allen County Assessor v. Verizon Data Services, Cause No. 49T10-1408-TA-00053, Indiana Tax Court (October 30, 2015)
- Washington County Township Asssessor, Allen County Assessor, and Allen County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals v. Verizon Data Services, Cause No. 49T10-1102-TA-00013, Indiana Tax Court (October 30, 2015)
- Tube City IMS, LLC v. Lake County Assessor, Petition No. 45-001-10-1-7-00001, Indiana Board of Tax Review (June 28, 2012)
- Lake County Assessor v. Amoco Sulfur Recovery Corp., 930 N.E. 2d 1248 (Ind. Tax Ct. 2010)
- Verizon Data Services Inc. v. Washington Township Assessor, Petition No. 02-073-05-1-7-00118, Indiana Board of Tax Review (December 6, 2010)
- Avon Real Estate LLC v. Hendricks County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals, Petition No. 32-022-07-2-8-00001, Indiana Board of Tax Review (January 6, 2009)
- Brenwick TND Communities, LLC v. Clay Township Assessor, Petition No. 29-003-03-1-5-0060, Indiana Board of Tax Review (May 15, 2006)
Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP is a business law firm providing transactional, economic development, litigation, tax and succession planning services to clients ranging from Fortune 500 global companies to smaller, regionally based organizations across a variety of industries and business sectors for more than a century. The Firm also provides estate planning and other services to individuals and non-profit organizations.