Firm: Troutman Sanders
Location: Portland - OR
100 SW Main Street Suite 1000
Portland, OR 97204
- Tel : 503.290.2400
- Fax : 503.290.2770
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Kobos is a partner whose practice encompasses a wide array of tax matters for energy industry clients, including utilities, tax equity investors, and project developers and sponsors. Adam regularly represents clients who develop, acquire, or invest in renewable energy projects (including wind, solar, geothermal, waste-to-energy, biomass, hydroelectric, and other renewable energy generation facilities), energy storage facilities, and electric vehicle charging and other alternative fuel refueling facilities. He helps clients qualify for federal, state and local tax incentives and implement transaction structures that maximize the value of those incentives, including partnership flips, sale-leasebacks, inverted leases, and prepaid power purchase agreements.
Adam also represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, transactions involving partnerships, LLCs, and other pass-through entities, and tax controversy matters.
- Represented investor in connection with the sale-leaseback of a 15MW North Carolina solar project.
- Represented investor in connection with a partnership flip for a 45MW California solar project.
- Represented sponsor in connection with a partnership flip for a 25MW California solar project.
- Represented sponsor in connection with an investment by a cash equity investor for a 43MW portfolio of solar projects.
- Represented sponsor in connection with a partnership flip for a 50MW portfolio of DG solar projects.
- Represented investor in connection with the sale-leaseback of a 20MW California solar project.
- Represented investor in connection with the sale-leasebacks of a 6MW portfolio of California solar projects.
- Represented investor in connection with the acquisition of a 95MW South Dakota wind project.
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of 3 natural gas-fired, combined cycle facilities aggregating 165MW.
- Represented investor in connection with the acquisition of a 20MW South Dakota wind project.
- Represented investor in connection with the acquisition of a 50% interest in a 75MW Nebraska wind project.
Rankings and Recognition
- Recognized Practitioner, Nationwide, Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy, Chambers USA (2019)
- Forty under Forty, Portland Business Journal (2013)
- Stanford University, J.D., 2002, Order of the Coif
- Harvard University, A.M., 1998
- Amherst College, A.B., summa cum laude, 1995, Phi Beta Kappa
A law firm is more than its head count, the number of its offices or its specific practice mix. Indeed, beyond the “what” and the “how” is the “why” — the core values that explain why this particular group of dedicated professionals has come together to provide clients with the benefit of their collective experience and expertise.
For Troutman Sanders, the “why” that binds us together as a firm matters to the kind of clients we excel at representing — clients who demand not only the highest caliber of legal work, but an equally satisfying relationship with their outside counsel. For us, practicing law is about commitment, and our “higher commitment to client care” is one of the most important values that differentiates us from other law firms. In recognition of our strong client service culture, our firm has been on the BTI Client Service A-Team for 13 consecutive years.