Firm: DeWitt Law, PC
Location: Memphis - TN
3189 Kirby Whitten Road, Suite 106
Memphis, TN 38134
- Tel : (901) 300-2788
- Fax : (901) 209-0090
- Email : email@example.com
Tyler is a tax attorney and certified public accountant. His practice focuses on matters involving both federal and state tax controversy. Tyler regularly represents taxpayers facing IRS audits, collections efforts (i.e., levies, garnishments), and criminal investigations. Tyler regularly litigates tax cases in U.S. Tax Court and throughout Tennessee and Florida state trial courts.
Prior to founding DeWitt Law, Tyler was a Principal Attorney with Monypeny, DeWitt & Associates, served as a Tax Analyst for Federal Express, a Fortune 100 company, and as a legal extern for Judge Bernice Donald, Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Tyler is a quadruple alumnus of the University of Memphis, where he served as President of the Student Government Association.
In addition to his practice, Tyler is a prolific speaker and regularly contributes his expertise as both an attorney and certified public accountant. Tyler also serves as an adjunct professor, teaching tax at the University of Memphis.
When he is not advocating for his clients, Tyler enjoys politics, the outdoors, University of Memphis athletics, and spending time with his family.
- Attorney, Tennessee
- Attorney, Florida
- Certified Public Accountant, Tennessee
- Juris Doctor (JD), cum laude, The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Tax Certificate, with honors, The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Summa Cum Laude (4.0 GPA), The University of Memphis
- Master of Science, Accounting, The University of Memphis
- BBA (Accounting), Summa Cum Laude, The University of Memphis
- Accelerator Program, Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management
Professional Memberships & Awards
- Selected by Super Lawyers (2018) as a Rising Star in Taxation
- CALI Award for Excellence in Partnership Taxation
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Memphis Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- TN Society of Certified Public Accountants
- IRS Audits
- IRS Collections Matters (i.e., levies, liens, garnishments, offers in compromise, installment agreements)
- IRS Criminal Investigations
- Voluntary Disclosure of Unreported Foreign Assets
- Tax Court Litigation
- State (TN & FL) tax disputes
DeWitt Law, PC
Our law firm focuses on resolving serious tax issues at both the federal and state levels and is licensed to practice before the IRS and the U.S. Tax Court. Tax issues are legal issues and are often complicated. We also understand the stress and anxiety these problems create. When you contact our firm, you will speak with a tax attorney for a free phone consultation. Once we determine how we can help, you will then meet face-to-face with a tax attorney at one of our offices. We offer consultations in our Memphis, Nashville, Little Rock, Tampa, and Orlando offices.