Firm: Donahoo & McMenamy, P.A.
Location: Jacksonville - FL
245 Riverside Avenue, Suite 450
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Tel : (904) 354-8080
- Fax : (904) 791-9563
- Email : email@example.com
William B. McMenamy is an attorney (J.D.) and a former practicing certified public accountant (CPA), and is board certified in taxation by the Florida Bar. Bill focuses on individual and fiduciary income, estate, gift and generation-skipping taxation, and represents clients before the IRS and Florida Department of Revenue. He has also lectured on estate planning and taxation topics to professional and public groups on many occasions.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Federal and state taxation including income, estate, gift, fiduciary and generation-skipping transfer taxation; and tax planning for individuals, families, businesses and partnerships
- Estate planning including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts and advance directives
- Trust and estate administration
- Probate and guardianship
- IRS and Florida Department of Revenue representation including audits
- Tax exempt / non-profit organizations
Prior to joining Donahoo & McMenamy in 1986, Bill spent more than six years with the international accounting firm of Touche Ross & Co., now known as Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Florida Bar Board Certification in Taxation
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Jacksonville Bar Association, Tax Section (Past President)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, St. Augustine Diocese
- Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida
- Creighton University, J.D.
- Creighton University, B.S.B.A.
Donahoo & McMenamy, P.A.
Since 1938, the law office of Donahoo & McMenamy, P.A. has continued its legacy of a personal, responsive approach to client needs. The firm focuses on estate planning including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts and advance directives; trust and estate administration; probate and guardianship; Federal and state taxation including income, estate, gift, fiduciary and generation-skipping transfer taxation; tax planning for individuals, families, businesses and partnerships; and IRS and Florida Department of Revenue representation including audits. The law firm also assists in establishing and providing tax services for tax exempt / non-profit organizations.
The firm provides the most current, up-to-date ideas, tactics and advice from attorneys whose credentials include board certifications in taxation through the Florida Bar and Master of Laws degrees in taxation.
A unique feature of Donahoo & McMenamy is its ability to offer multi-generational relationships and perspectives. The firm earns long-term trust by serving as knowledgeable and approachable advisors, with the values of trust, respect and service.
In addition, Donahoo & McMenamy is different from many other law offices because the firm prepares tax returns in-house. As advisors, this streamlines the planning process; while clients are reassured that planning and reporting are done together efficiently and accurately.
Finally, the firm believes that estate planning is not only for the elderly and wealthy. Estate planning is important for everyone who has a family; it is, as attorney Thomas Donahoo, Jr. says, “…really about protecting the people you love the most.”